PSC Mentoring services
PhD students and Post docs are welcome to join the PSC mentoring program that supplements the PSC training programs.
The PSC Mentoring for Research Impact Initiative aims to help students tapping into existing resources and optimizing their efforts in career development, teaching, science communication, and policy impact.
- Science and policy (PDF, 569 KB): Discover what is policy and how to be involved as a scientist in policy making, Contact: Luisa Last
- Teaching: How to improve your teaching skills. Learn about Claudia Hahn experience (PDF, 40 KB). Contact: Carole Rapo
- Communication with the public: Get training to present your research to a broad audience. Contact: Juanita Schlaepfer
Brown Bag Lunch Events
• Industry visit: Frutarom, Wädenswil, Laufen, 7 November. Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing global flavor and fine ingredients company. It is rated among the ten leading companies in the world in the field of flavors & fragrances. The site in Wädenswil focuses on health solutions. Here, plants are important for the creation of new ingredients.
• Welcome event for new PSC PhD Students at ETH Zurich & University of Zurich (Sept 7)
• Industry visit: Ricola, Laufen, 16 June 2016.
Opportunioty to visit the family company of the most famous swiss sweet. The group visited the production site and packaging site as well as the herb center where the famous 13 herbs are processed before extration.
• Diversity Management course: 24–25 May 2016,
Target audience: Advanced postdocs, group leaders, starting group leaders and junior principal investigators.
• Lunch Brown Bag: How to prepare for an ERC grant application in 2017 with Switzerland as a Third Party (March 29), with Dr Andrea Degen, Eurelations AG
• Lunch Brown Bag: How to apply for a job in the Industry (March 1), with Roger Gfrörer from the Career Service UZH
Welcome to new PSC PhD Students at ETH Zurich & University of Zurich (Sept 15)
Industry visit KWS, Einbeck, Germany (Sept 9-11)
PSC Syngenta Symposium, included a visit of the Syngenta facilities, Stein, Switzerland (August 27)
Welcome to new PSC PhD Students at ETH Zurich & University of Zurich (Oct 2)
Welcome to new PSC PhD Students at University of Basel (Nov 12)
Lunchtime Workshop - Accessing resources to improve teaching skills;
Lunchtime Workshop - Introduction to PhD Program in Science and Policy (Oct 21)