Are you interested in enrolling in a course from the PSC listings?
To register, you must first be enrolled in one of the affiliated Master's programs offered by ETH Zurich, University of Zurich or University of Basel. Then follow the instructions below.
If you are a student from another Swiss university interested in joining our courses, please contact us directly.
Registration for PSC Modules
- Integrative Plant Sciences
This module includes the colloquium 'Challenges in Plant Sciences' (offered every fall semester), the online seminar course 'Plant Response to Stress', and the seminar 'Sustainable Plant Systems' (offered in alternating fall semesters).
All students, please register through evento registration system (Registration open June – September) as well as through your home institution.
- ETH Zurich and University of Zurich students: Register for the courses contained in this module at ETH Zurich (number in course calendar: 551-0219-00L).
- University of Basel students enroll through MoNA, University of Basel course calendar listing: 11670-01 Vorlesung: F1: Challenges in Plant Sciences. 23138-01 Vorlesung: Sustainable Plant Sciences.
- Responsible Conduct in Research
All students, please register both through our website and through your home institution.
- ETH Zurich and University of Zurich students: Register for the courses in this module at ETH Zurich (number in course calendar: 751-1040-00L).
- University of Basel students: This module is not listed in the University of Basel course calendar, so please follow the instructions below for registration at another host university.
If registered at another Host University
This section applies to all students wishing to enroll in plant science courses offered by institutions other than their home university. The instructions also apply to University of Basel students wishing to enroll in the Responsible Conduct in Research courses.
1. Contact the person in charge of your home Master's program
Reach an agreement on the recognition of the credit points to be awarded for successfully completing the course(s) of interest. In general, credit points obtained for courses offered by the partner institutions are accepted by the home Master. There may be restrictions, e.g. if there are major overlaps with the contents of courses offered within the home Master.
2. Register for courses at the host university
University of Basel students must print, sign and submit the form Anmeldeformular Gruppe PSC (Registration form - ENG (PDF, 66 KB)) by the first week of the semester. Please enclose a copy of your student ID, and send it to the PSC office as described on the form. Only then can we guarantee that you can take courses free of charge.
University of Zurich
The form Gesuch für die Teilnahme an Modulen der Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftlichen Fakultät must be completed by students wishing to take plant science courses at the University of Zurich. Return the form to the address indicated.
University of Basel
The form Belegen von Lehrveranstaltungen, Studierende anderer Schweizerischen Hochschulen must be completed by students wishing to take plant science courses at the University of Basel. Form must be submitted by the fourth week of courses.
• Important points
Space in courses. You are only guaranteed a seat after registering electronically for the course of interest.
Approvals. Once your application has been approved by your host university, you will obtain your login information by mail. You may then electronically register for the desired course. Please follow the instructions on your letter of approval.
Block Courses University of Zurich and ETH Zurich block courses have limited space and are subject to different registration deadlines and procedures. Please visit the website of the individual block courses for specific details.